Final Work Product of NRNB DV-IMPACT
So we've officially come to an end to the amazing 12 weeks of Google Summer of Code 2017! This page summarize my entire work over the past 12 weeks.
Work DetailsPhase I
- Code Refactoring to improve Performance and Readability
- Remove Unnecessary files from the project
- Revamping the UI of the application
- Fix several bugs present in the project
- Add support for file upload
- Add support for file deletion
- Add 'Search-and-Delete' feature for uploaded files
- Database modifications to handle PSI file
- Add support for PSI file upload
- Implement a progress-meter for backend file operation
- Modify /variants and /network section based on schema changes
- Add download support for PSI file
- Make /dataset section dynamic + Add 'Search-filter'
- Make /dataset editable by administrator
- Developing the Peptide Recognition Module Database Application
- Developing the Admin Panel for PRM application
- Developing the Network Visualization Module
An important part of my work include creation of a PSI format file from the previous database. With 240,000 mutation data joined with other tables, the resultant PSI file would have ~1,000,000 rows with extremely large file size. I successfully managed to create the PSI file from the previous data. This was one of the most challenging part of my work.
That's all Folks! It was really great working with the NRNB throughout this summer and it was a really valuable experience for me. Although GSoC period may end, my involvement to FOSS won’t! :)